Please read the agreement below, then either digitally sign below and send the form – or download the PDF version for mail or hand delivery.
As a parent/legal guardian of a child involved in a program of the Sandy Spring Athletic Association, I agree to follow the rules below.
I will provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this code of
I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every
game, practice, or other youth sports events.
I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
I will refrain from any vulgar, lewd or obscene language or gestures while participating in, or watching any team or leaguesponsored
event whether at home or away.
I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their
use at all youth sports events.
I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with
coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
I will conduct myself in a calm, civilized manner at all times, and I will direct away from the children any comments or
criticisms that I may wish to express to parents, participants, coaches, or officials.
I will not disturb them when they are busy working and/or coaching, but will speak to them only at an appropriate time.
CONDUCT SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE
Examples of words or actions which will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct Agreement include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Making physical contact with any player, coach, official, league representative or spectator;
- Taunting or threatening any player, coach, official, league representative or spectator;
- Using profane and/or vulgar language or mannerisms;
- Going onto the playing surface;
- Throwing of any object onto the playing surface, into the player area(s), or at another individual;
- Defacing or damaging property belonging to the Association, any individual team, association or arena;
- Being involved in any behavior or activity that would warrant the summoning of law enforcement officials;
- Inciting any person(s) to become involved in any of the above-listed behaviors.
- Any other conduct that is not in compliance with the rules or policies of the Sandy Spring Athletic Association.
I understand that by signing this Agreement I am agreeing to follow all of the rules described above. Further, I acknowledge that my failure to comply with this Agreement or my participation in any of the defined CONDUCT SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE will result in disciplinary action by the Association, up to and including the Association prohibiting me from participating or attending Association -sponsored games or events, either home or away. I agree that the Association possesses the sole right to enforce these rules and impose discipline in the event they are violated.